- The part of an antibody that blocks foreign microorganisms;
- Help to form a zone of inflammation so that the infection does not get into other tissues;
- Regulate the rate of reproduction of immune cells;
- Participate in allergic reactions;
- Protect organs from attack by the immune system and the development of autoimmune reactions.
If a person does not receive the right amount of vitamins, there is less protein, and these functions are impaired.
TOP 5 Vitamins That Boost The Immunity
Vitamin A or retinol can be found in common products. It is found in large quantities in:
- Cod liver
It is also abundant in:
- If the doctor notices signs of hypovitaminosis, he will prescribe a certain type of vitamin preparation. For example, osteoporosis requires Vitamin A, but to improve the effect, it is used together with calcium.
- People who often suffer from viral conjunctivitis will be prescribed pyridoxine. But some substances work better when they are used in one tablet. This refers to the antioxidant complex of vitamins A, E and C. It can be used both for the prevention of a decrease in immunity and at the stage of recovery.
- The need for biologically active substances varies depending on age, gender, and comorbidities. Therefore, doctors can recommend ready-made multivitamin complexes. They have a balanced composition, take into account the individual characteristics of the body, and will help to resist many diseases.
- B vitamins include several types of substances. It has been proven that vitamins B2, B6, and B12 provide an increase in immunity. At home, they can be obtained from animal products: milk, eggs, liver, cereals, legumes, nuts, meat, seafood, and potatoes.
- The effect on immunity lies in the ability to improve antimicrobial protection and increase the production of T and B-lymphocytes that fight pathogenic microorganisms.
- Beautiful and healthy skin normal vision, in combination with B9, improves blood formation processes. It stimulates the formation of adenositrium phosphoric acid – “gasoline” for the work of cells. Lack of vitamin B2 manifests itself in the form of digestive disorders, the development of conjunctivitis, stomatitis, and seborrheic dermatitis.
- If there is little B2 in the body, this is manifested by a tendency to frequent infectious diseases. In HIV patients, hypovitaminosis accelerates the transition of the disease to a more severe stage.
- To strengthen the immune system, vitamin preparations of group B are produced in the form of separate products of each type or ready-made complexes of 2 or more components. In some cases, for a quick effect, the doctor may prescribe an injection solution.
When the first signs of a cold appear, ascorbic acid, or vitamin C, helps to quickly strengthen the immune system. It can be found in most plant products:
- Sweet pepper
- Wild rose
- Citrus fruits.
- But ascorbic acid is destroyed when heated to 60 ° C, so thermally processed food, tea, is no longer able to support the immune system. A good way is to use ready-made preparations in which the exact dosage of the active substance is known.
- Vitamin C enhances the production of all types of antibodies increases the activity of macrophage cells that absorb foreign microorganisms and dangerous substances. It helps to strengthen the vascular wall, normalizes metabolic processes in the liver, and neutralizes toxins in it.
On your own (at home), you can increase the content of vitamin D with the products that are rich in vitamin D supplements, including:
- Fish oil
- Eggs (yolk)
- Dairy products
- Corn oil
- Some types of wild mushrooms
- Salmon and cod liver
- In the first place among the means to strengthen the immune system is vitamin D or vitamin D. Its production occurs in the skin under the influence of ultraviolet radiation in all adults. But in the winter season, in the northern latitudes, where there is little sunlight, the body lacks vitamin D.
- Due to hypovitaminosis, immunity decreases, calcium absorption worsens, and osteoporosis may develop. In children, vitamin deficiency leads to rickets. The functions of vitamin D are different. With its participation, antitumor immunity is carried out; several clinical studies have been conducted, according to which, with normal content of vitamins D, the risk of developing, for example, bowel cancer is reduced by almost four times.
- Currently, the possibility of using vitamins of this group in the treatment of psoriasis, osteoporosis, overweight, and cardiovascular diseases is being investigated. Adults can use complexes that contain vitamin D and calcium to improve immunity and maintain bone mineral density.
- An effective way to get your daily dose of vitamin E is to eat seeds, nuts, and vegetable oils daily. But the need for the vitamin is enhanced by a large amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the diet, which are found in marine fish and seafood.
- Strengthening the immune function with vitamin E occurs by increasing the antioxidant protection of cell membranes. It enhances the body’s ability to withstand the destructive influence of harmful environmental factors, and viruses.
- This vitamin helps to increase the production of antibodies and also blocks the reproduction of tumour cells. Most often, its effect is enhanced by ascorbic acid and retinol, which together form an antioxidant complex.
When to Take Vitamins
The deterioration of the immune system function is associated with the end of the winter season, but the body needs support all year round. Vitamin preparations do not need to be drunk constantly; it is enough to strengthen the immune system during critical periods:
- in autumn before the rise in the incidence of colds and in winter;
- after an acute respiratory viral infection or other infection;
- when planning pregnancy or during lactation;
- before a long journey and change of time zones or climatic zones;
- after treatment of chronic disease;
- with prolonged or frequent use of alcohol;
- While following a strict diet.